Acne Archives

Acne Testimonial

[ Acne Archive ]
[ Main Archives Page ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ FAQ ] [ Recommended Books ] [ Bulletin Board ]
   Search this site!
 
        

Acne Testimonial

Posted by Jeannie on April 22, 2001 at 22:47:06:

Dear Dr. Stoll,

I'd just like to thank you for your great insight and dedication. You help thousands of people everyday and that is worthy thing to do. =)

I am 20 and have been suffering from acne (another stressed out college student) and am taking antibiotics. I had to take such a high dosage of antibiotics because the regular 100 mg wasn't working for me -- this eventually gave me some problems, of which I won't go into. Anyway, in a desperate attempt to find an alternative solution, I came across this BB and just TWO WEEKS AGO started SR, EFAs, exercise, low-fat diet (cutting out much sugar and processed foods). Guess what? My skin is remarkably better. =) The painful acne is minimal now, my pores are smaller, and the oil is less.

I know some people have to go at it for months until they see results. But, I never imagined that two weeks would make such a difference. I'm still on antibiotics, but only 100 mg. I'm going to eventually stop those after I've been on this program for awhile to get me healthier.

I just wanted to extend a personal thank you. You do us all such a great service.

I'm oriental and this holistic approach has also made me appreciate my family's approach to fixing problems. They are very anti-western-medicine and I always thought they were ignorant. Now I know better -- that the Chinese did not practice their Chi, acupuncture, and take their herbal remedies for no reason.

I do have two questions: What do you think of taking Aloe Vera pills? Using Aloe Vera Gel on my face has REMARKABLE results. What if I took them? Also, do the EFAs make your skin dry? Or is my skin dry because I've cut out all the fatty foods from my diet?

Thanks!
Jeannie



Re: Acne Testimonial

Posted by D Crilley on April 23, 2001 at 18:51:32:

In Reply to: Acne Testimonial posted by Jeannie on April 22, 2001 at 22:47:06:

Just wondering what brand of aloe vera gel you used.



Re: Acne Testimonial

Posted by Walt Stoll on April 24, 2001 at 09:47:57:

In Reply to: Acne Testimonial posted by Jeannie on April 22, 2001 at 22:47:06:

Thanks, Jeannie.

Your testimonial wil help others who are fence-sitting make up their minds to try this. There is little doubt that this approach will help--only in getting people to TRY it.

Over the next few months you will see additional benefits in your general health. Let us know how you do.

EFAs can have that effect, temporarily, since your bodymind is making a big adjustment from not having these tools to having them again.

Aloe Vera has many helpful effects that are just now becoming apparent. Mainly, there is no harm trying it.

Walt

Follow Ups:


Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil

Posted by Jeannie on April 24, 2001 at 17:51:03:

In Reply to: Re: Acne Testimonial posted by D Crilley on April 23, 2001 at 18:51:32:

I use "Fruit of the Earth: 100% Aloe Vera Gel." You might want to watch the brands that contain only 98% Aloe Vera and the other 2% which is Vitamin E and A. They make some people break out and they make some people's skin smoother. Depends on what clogs your pores, I guess.

Tea Tree Oil is something else you might want to watch for. If you mix it with Aloe Vera, it can be like Benzoyl Peroxide but without the disastrous side effects of Benzoyl Peroxide. It takes more time but eventually beautifies your skin rather than destroys it.

Good luck!



Re: Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil

Posted by
Dcrilley on May 05, 2001 at 09:37:35:

In Reply to: Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil posted by Jeannie on April 24, 2001 at 17:51:03:

What is the purity percentage of Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera?

We use Lily of the desert brand, which is 99.5%. The only other indgredients are carrageenan and < 1% of citric acid and potassium sorbate. We picked it out since it has the seal of the international aloe science council.

I'm curious about mixing Tea Tree oil and Aloe Vera. How do you prepare it? How much Tea Tree oil do you use? Have you heard of Neem oil? What affect did it have for you?


Follow Ups:


[ Acne Archive ]
[ Main Archives Page ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ FAQ ] [ Recommended Books ] [ Bulletin Board ]
   Search this site!