Tendonitis/Bursitis historical posts February 1998

biceptal tendonitis bilateral

Posted by cindy on February 14, 1998 at 21:08:22:

diagnosed in august. I have been to physical therapy for 7 weeks. I have also had cortisone and steroid shots. It improved until I returned to work. I work in a factory and do alot of repetition work. I also developed swelling around my right collarbone. The bigger it swelled the more pain I was in. It made it feel like my right side of my head was going to explode. All injury has been done to my right side. I dont know the exat name of it but i was told it was something to do with a muscle group that was being strained. I go to a chiroprator beause the right side of my neck pulls causing severe headaches. I have been referred around to 9 different doctors. they have all pretty much agreed to the same diagnose. 5 of them have told me to get out of the factory work before i end up totally diasabled.

Re: biceptal tendonitis bilateral

Posted by Walt Stoll on February 16, 1998 at 12:21:27:

In Reply to: biceptal tendonitis bilateral posted by cindy on February 14, 1998 at 21:08:22:

Dear Cindy,

Your problem is one of the most common consequesces fo total body bracing and is probably aggravated by low intracellular magnesium. A copy of my book would start you on the path of resolving this AND preventing recurrences (link below).

From what you have said, you may be so far gone with your present inflammatory process that you will have to take a 6-12 month leave of absence. Repetitive motions will continue to aggravate this till you can get rid of the bracing.

In the meantime, you would get rapid relief by getting Rolfed. You could also get almost immediate relief by getting a deep, whole body, therapeutic massage 3 times a week for 2 weeks. Both the massage and the Rolfing benefits would be temporary (massage a few weeks and Rolfing a year or so). The main reason for going this way would be to convince you that I know of what I speak so you would do the things that WILL give you permanent resolution.

If you do not deal with these causes, even if you quit your job, you will have even more serious problems in the future. This is one reason my first suggestion was to learn (my book).

Doc Dave will probably have some good structural suggestions.

Walt

Re: tendonitis

Posted by phillip Jones on February 18, 1998 at 22:23:35:

I play the guitar and piano. I have resontly developed a pain in my left wrist. It doesn't hurt when I play but It hurts when i move my wriste after I play. It is not very bad now butI want to catch tendonitis before it gets to be a problem. What should I do?? Is there ways to stop tendonitis? Does this pain in my wrist sound like the beginnings of tendonitis? If not what is it and how should I go about curing it?

Thank you so much.
Phillip

Re: tendonitis

Posted by Walt Stoll on February 19, 1998 at 06:46:32:

In Reply to: Re: tendonitis posted by phillip Jones on February 18, 1998 at 22:23:35:

Dear Phihllip,

Did I miss your December note?

I would recommend Chiropractic and Rolfing as 2 approaches till I hear what you did about what I recommended to your first note.

Walt

Re: Rotator cuff tendonitis

Posted by John Drake on February 19, 1998 at 15:17:55:

I have read your story and I had the exact same problem. Every time I worked out I would restrain my shouder, it did not matter how much weight or what exercise. Finally I went to see a ortho. surgeon and had x-rays. Nothing seemed to be the problem. But we decided to do surgery. They found that the glenoid fossa of the joint was not hollow enough to allow smooth movement of the rotator cuff, so it was pinching and causing sharp pain like you described. They shaved it out and trimmed some ligaments. After 6 weeks of PT, I was much better. Now one year later, I have recently started lifting and so far there is no pain. Even when doing military press which bothered my shoulder the most.
All I have are three small pin size scars to show for surgery. There is a lack of range of motion but not enough to in everyday life, even when lifting weights. Hope this helps you!

Return to Main Page

More Tendonitis/Bursitis archives