Re: any chiros on the board?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]
[ ASK DR STOLL BB ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ Symptoms and Diseases Quick Reference Guide ]
[ DR STOLL'S BOOK ] [ NEW BOARD ]
   Search this site!

Posted by Jan DeCourtney, CMT [17426.9974] on November 09, 2011 at 10:12:41:

In Reply to: any chiros on the board? posted by Sam [252.9373] on November 09, 2011 at 08:44:18:

Hi Sam,

Chiron Dave seems to be regularly checking the board for messages but as AT says it might not be every day, so keep checking. I, too have a message to post for him.

From a massage therapist's point of view, you probably had tight shoulders before the adjustment, but now you are just feeling them more. Alignment is a delicate balance of where bones are and how muscles are holding them in place. Usually when people visit chiropractors, it's a good idea for them to also see massage therapists, because if the bones are put back in place but the muscles are still tight, the muscles will pull them back out of alignment.

When working with massage clients, if the issue they came in for stops hurting and something else seems to start, I tell them to celebrate because it means we've made progress. They are now feeling something that was below consciousness and have an opportunity to address it to become more healthy.

So my recommendation for you is celebrate, then go see a massage therapist and get the tight muscles loosened. BTW, tight muscles don't usually just appear, it is usually a long term issue. So also see if the therapist can teach you some stretches to keep your shoulders looser. Also a Skilled Relaxation practice will go a long way at helping keep everything loose and aligned.

Best wishes,
Jan

Go to First Post in this Thread

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

NOTICE: you are making a public post! Anyone with internet access can read it! If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not enter your full correct name in the "Name" field below, and do not enter your email address.

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional Link URL:  
Link Title:         
Optional Image URL: 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ASK DR STOLL BB ]
[ FAQ ] [ Glossary/Index ] [ DR STOLL'S BOOK ]
[ NEW BOARD ]